Tax Focus Pty Ltd treats your privacy with utmost importance and is committed to ensure the security and the privacy of your personal information. Tax Focus Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Act) and the National Privacy Principles (NPP) and the provisions within this policy have been created in line with the provisions of the Act and NPP. This privacy statement discloses the ways and purposes Tax Focus Pty Ltd collects and uses your personal information.
Tax Focus Pty Ltd may update this policy anytime as required and upload a new version on this website. We recommend you to check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
How do we collect your personal information?
- Directly from you when you appoint our services (or planning to engage our firm) to act as an accountant and tax agent for you and any other related entities that you represent
- As a result of interacting with this website
- From third parties including Australian Taxation Office, ASIC, Australian Business Register, financial institutions
What sort of information we collect?
As part of ordinary course and legitimate purpose of business Tax Focus Pty Ltd may collect and use the following kinds of personal information including but not limited to:
- Your name – including the name of any other form of legal entity that you represent
- Your domicile and your postal address
- Your Tax File Number, Australian Business Number, Australian Company Number
- Your date and place of birth
- Your ID information i.e. passport, driving licence, certificate of marriage
- Your contact including your phone/mobile, email, fax
- Your bank details
- Records of your online details while dealing with our website including server address, domain name, date and time of your visiting Tax Focus Pty Ltd website, pages viewed and downloaded. We use this information for our marketing analysis and in case we need to protect against potential malicious activity and this information will not be provided to third parties unless we are required by legal enforcement to do so or we have your express consent.
How do we use personal information?
Tax Focus Pty Ltd recognize the importance of you privacy and security and is committed to use the information collected to be able to provide you with specific services, which we are expected to perform, for example preparation of financial reports and tax returns, provide accounting, bookkeeping, tax minimization strategies and business advise during the course of our engagement with you and other related business structure you might represent. It is our policy not to sell or pass on any of your personal information provided to us to other third parties, outside the scope and limits of our engagement and outlined below, unless we have received your consent.
Tax Focus Pty Ltd may use your personal information to:
- prepare financial statements, reports and income tax returns
- prepare and maintain corporate secretarial records
- meet statutory obligations
- administer, personalize and for statistical and development of this website
- provide you with our specific services
- communicate and liaise with Australian Taxation Office, ASIC, Australian Business Regiter, financial institutions, financial planners and legal advisors
- collect payments from you
- send you marketing and other information that might be relevant to you or your business including legal and industry updates, newsletter, Australian Taxation Office and ASIC correspondence, reminders. If you do not wish to receive any marketing information from us can unsubscribe or contact us.
When Tax Focus Pty Ltd needs to disclose your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, Tax Focus Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
Tax Focus Pty Ltd will take reasonable technical and organisational steps to protect and prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information which includes:
- Maintaining of a secure and restricted access to Tax Focus Pty Ltd computers system, office and filling system
- Confidential documents are disposed of by shredder or into security bins.
- Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website is protected by encryption technology
Correcting and updating your information
Tax Focus Pty Ltd will take any reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you determine that we hold inaccurate information about you or your business, please contact us and we will review and update the relevant information accordingly.
This website contains links to other websites which are external to our website.
Tax Focus Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any these third party.